Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Prop 8 and the Church

I am born and raised Californian, but sadly I am not able to vote in California anymore; but the Prop 8 controversy is all across the country and is becoming a big issue in Salt Lake where I live. I belong to The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and they have given their support for Prop 8, which is the first political issue they have ever, that I know of, taken a stand on. For us and the leaders of the church it is for a moral issue than a political one. I am glad that the church is in support of it.
What makes me upset are the members who are petitioning against the First Presidency of the church. I’m sorry but do you not remember The Proclamation to the Family which is probably hanging on your wall, which states what we believe a family is? Did you not sustain these brethren as prophets, seers and revelators just a month ago? Have you not read in Doctrine and Covenants 1:38 where is says “whether by mine own voice or the voice of my servants, it is the same”? Honestly, Satan has made so many things in this world look ok when they are against God’s Plan and when we support those things who’s side are we on???
You know the end is coming when people chose to no longer support the leaders of their church. Nephi saw it: “And the multitude of the earth was gathered together; and I beheld that they were in a large and spacious
building, like unto the building which my father saw. And the angel of the Lord spake unto me again, saying: Behold the world and the wisdom thereof; yea, behold the house of Israel hath gathered together to fight against the twelve apostles of the Lamb. And it came to pass that I saw and bear record, that the great and spacious building was the pride of the world; and it fell, and the fall thereof was exceedingly great. And the angel of the Lord spake unto me again, saying: Thus shall be the destruction of all nations, kindreds, tongues, and people, that shall fight against the twelve apostles of the Lamb.”
I know everyone is entitled to their own opinion and that is why we were given agency, but when you have a prophet on the earth who is God’s mouth piece why would you not listen and support God and the leaders He has chosen for our day???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

good job
Frank

Anonymous said...

Amen to that Sistah!!
Temple recommend interviews take on a whole new meaning!

-M

Jeanne S said...

My Friend! that is awesome! You tell them! i think you should post this on your facebook and myspace!!!